All-Natural Ways to Repel Mosquitoes This Summer
June 21, 2016 | bridge
You spray and swat, but most of the time, you still end up itching and scratching after the night is through. Luckily, these all-natural mosquito repellents will help you to keep the pesky bugs away — without the use of potentially harmful chemicals or additives.
- Lavender oil. Create a simple mixture of 30 drops of lavender oil blended with two tablespoons of vegetable oil and rub it on the skin to keep mosquitoes away.
- Rosemary. If you find yourself swatting at mosquitoes while standing over the barbecue grill, throw a few branches of rosemary on the grill to keep those bugs away.
- Neem oil. Neem oil, which is extracted from the Neem tree that is native to India, is one of the most effective natural mosquito repellents. You can purchase this oil from most organic health food stores.
- Apple cider vinegar. To repel mosquitoes from the inside out, mix one or two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with your usual drinking water earlier in the day.
- Remove standing water. Above all else, you’ll need to remove the areas where mosquitoes breed to really get rid of the mosquitoes in your area. This means removing all buckets, tarps, and even pet bowls that collect standing water.